The legacy of Caldwell Memorial Hospital reaches deeply into the community’s roots. In the mid-1940s, as the United States struggled to deal with the effects and sacrifices of World War II, a group of concerned citizens in Caldwell County decided that the community needed a hospital. This great humanitarian accomplishment would be a memorial to the men and women who answered their country’s call to arms. It was a big idea for a rural area and it soon found its way into the heart of an entire county. A non-profit corporation to be known as Caldwell Memorial Hospital, Inc. was formed. Campaigns were then conducted to raise the local money necessary for participation in State and Federal funding. The project broke ground in 1949 and the hospital received its first patient on January 1, 1951.
In 1991, the community once again recognized the importance of supporting the hospital by founding the Caldwell Memorial Hospital Foundation. Caldwell Memorial Hospital has charted a course to be at the forefront of healthcare innovation. In order to accomplish this goal, the Hospital will continue to rely on the generous support of individuals and businesses. It is home to some of the area’s finest physicians, and esteemed nursing professionals, while continuing the role as a major force in shaping the community’s identity. It is a forward-looking and creative hospital, dedicated to serving the changing healthcare needs of this generation and those to come. Supporting Caldwell Memorial Hospital Foundation directly impacts the hospital’s ability to deliver safer, more reliable, and higher quality care to the community.